Monday, June 25, 2007

Eating an Elephant

Thought I'd share a photo of our paperwork so far. (You can click on any photo in this blog to see it larger.)

On the right side is our official
Big Binder that came from our agency, Little Miracles. When it arrived Frank called out to me,Our baby is here! It says Just Add Water. Funny boy.

In the center is our filing system. A friend who is also an adoptive parent (China and now working on Ethiopia), advised us to get a beautiful filing system and office supplies that are a pleasure to use because it will help us stay organized. She was definitely right!


On the left is a copy of our home study. It's hard to see how thick it is, but trust me when I say we killed some trees for that.


A common saying in the adoption world is:

How do you eat an elephant?
One bite at a time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that binder from LMI is pretty scary. we are actually considering signing with them and doing a concurrent adoption; we are logged in for China. I read your post on China and yup it's been a long wait with lots to go. We have one year into the wait so far. Michele

Anonymous said...

Hi there-
Blessings to you both. Heard about you on the Family Playtime Yahoo group and wanted to give you both my support. I can't imagine the emotions you both are feeling as I got teary eyed just reading your blog! Best wishes on your adoption and whatever awaits. Would love to meet you all, so feel free to come to any FP playtime events that interest you.
Peace-
Shannon

Karla said...

Gotta love paperwork! Kudos for not giving up after just receiving the packet - my lord! ;)
If you need anything, once again, just holler! I'm a short-drive away!

shannon said...

do elephants taste good?