Sunday, October 28, 2007

Freaks R Us

Anyone who knows us well knows that our future child will be macked out for Halloween.

It's probably our favorite holiday because it appeals to our theatrical, creative, silly nature. We even work regularly on the "boo crew" in a local haunted house. We put a lot of effort into our costumes (they are almost always homemade). We truly can't wait to put all that creativity into making costumes for our child(ren)!

These photos of a few of our past getups are some of the non-gory ones; I don't want to traumatize you guys too much.

My personal favorite is when we were the entity of Wal-Mart. Frank was dressed as Wal-Mart (a devil/store manager with a smiley face "disguise") and I was a Chinese factory worker chained to him. We even had a shtick where I would beg him for benefits and he would roar at me to just keep painting the toy squirrel. Yes, we are total geeks.


(click to enlarge)

Have a safe and happy Halloween everyone!

10 comments:

marsrob said...

ROCKIN Costumes you guys! Your child is going to have a blast in your family! LOVE the Wallmart get-ups. TOTALLY brilliant!

Susan said...

You are HILARIOUS! Freaks? NO WAY!i would say HIGHLY CREATIVE AND SUPER FUN! I agree with Jen-your kiddo is going to have a blast!

I couldn't make a home made costume for the LIFE OF ME!

The Walmart thing was hilarious. I was laughing my buttski off on that one. :)

Matthew Ruley said...

OMG you two are SO funny! What really great and imaginative costumes! Brilliant! Wish you lived closer so I could see you in person!

Angela said...

Awesome costumes! Your little one is going to absolutely love the Halloween festivities.

Karen said...

Great costumes.

My husband has sleep apnea and wears frightening head gear to bed. Just wait till those kids come to our door this year—Hannibal Lecter will scare the bejesus out of them.

Anonymous said...

You guys rock! I love the Walmart costume...hate WALMART!!!! Your costumes every year are amazing and so original, just like the two of you! Chris and I really enjoyed dinner and the Mike Birgiglia show the other night. Too bad our picture kissing his cheek didn't turn out...can't wait to get together again soon! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow!! Totally impressive! I hope you keep your blog going till next Halloween as I am now dying to see what you all do for 2008!

Karla said...

Awesome photos - neat thought to post the previous ones! Can't wait to see you tomorrow - I'll have the Vampire Witches ready to go - I'm sure "the Godfather" will want to add MORE BLOOD to the girly girls though! LOL. See you on Halloweenie! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Your costumes are INSPIRED! That kid is going to have so much fun!Keep in mind that you only have influence over his (or her) costume for the first couple of years. So choose wisely ...

Kim said...

Ok, I just saw these costumes and the guy with the Walmart costume is FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!