Thursday, January 10, 2008

Black Hole Day, by Frank


This is photo of when the universe began. Well, at least as far as I’m concerned.


This is a photo of my parents on their wedding day. That day was March 28, 1954. This is the day their planets aligned with my stars. This day sealed the fate that they would meet me one day, and that I would be destined to have the best family ever.


Today is January 10, 2008. It is the ninth anniversary of the day my mother died. Nine years since my world collapsed. That was the worst day of my life and it left a black hole in my universe.


My side of the family has not been whole ever since. She was the hub of everything. She helped us raise our hopes, rallied behind us when we were down, assisted old and young alike, loved every human and animal, gave to the needy and sick, spoke kindly to all and was gentle to everyone in the family and with our friends. I am not exaggerating when I say those things.


She and my father adopted me when I was a baby. This was the best thing that ever happened to me. She was more than any child could ever dream of having as a mother.


So to anyone out there wondering about whether an adopted child and a loving parent could have that special bond, I am here to tell you first hand, wonder no more. My life experience as an adopted child has been no less than the brightest star.


So with that, my wife and I are about to expand the universe again. Well, at least our universe. Thank you, Mom, for giving us the hopes and dreams for having the kind of love that you once had.


I miss her.




P.S. Instead of posting comments on this entry, I would like to ask that you observe a “virtual moment of silence” if you would oblige me.

No comments: