Sunday, June 29, 2008

Shower Power - Take Two

My colleagues recently gave us a wonderful toddler shower!

We had a fabulous time and received lots of gifts for Milo. There were so many great toys, books, clothes, beach gear and grooming items that we could barely fit all the loot in our two vehicles. What generosity!

I am so fortunate that I not only love my job, but also the people I work with. My work friends have seen me through thick and thin with this adoption process. They've been some of my most steadfast supporters, best listeners, rowdiest cheerleaders and softest shoulders. They have shared in our enthusiasm for adoption, and have never made us feel less celebrated than a family expecting a biological child.

Thank you for everything, my Quoizel family. You guys are the bomb! Especially Marlene, Judy, Barb, Debbie and Susan for putting together a marvelous party.


Dee-lish.



This cute centerpiece was made by creative spirit, Barb.
(The Kazakh flag is behind the plane.)



Photos of Milo were everywhere, plus custom banners designed
by Susan. Also on this board were 3x5 cards with parenting advice and tips.



Lovely Marlene, arranging the goodies.


Let the unwrapping begin!


Milo will be on cloud nine!
(We also received a matching climbing structure with a slide.)




Good people.



More good people.



And still more...





Video conferencing with Bobbie in our NY office. Very Jetsons!




We brought Milo's famous orange shoes to show everyone.
(We traded them for another pair at the baby house.)



Thank you again for everything, my friends! Between all the gifts and what we purchased with the gift cards, we have nearly everything we need. Now all we lack is one small boy.

Of course I can't write a post without including images of the little man himself. I can hardly believe that we will see him again in one week! It’s beginning to feel like our first trip was years ago. If it weren't for the photographs and movies I would wonder if it was all a dream. But what makes it even more real is that my powerful feelings for Milo have not lessened one bit. In fact, they have only grown stronger.

Sometimes I don't know how I will make it until mid-August. This week has been especially difficult. It's painful to start packing everything up again, knowing that we will not be bringing Milo home with us. We've been trying to temper the negative feelings because it's not productive to allow the poisons of anger and bitterness to course through our bodies. But it's hard.

We just keep telling ourselves that every day is another day closer to becoming a forever family, and that this senseless process and perpetual waiting will soon be just a faded memory.





VIDEOS:



Go See Mommy



Falling Into Toys

16 comments:

Stephanie and Gary said...

You are blessed in so many ways!! what an amazing outpouring of love and support from your friends. You are really set up amazingly well to entertain one small boy plus more this summer!! One week -- WOW!!!! Soon soon sooN!! It will go by in a blink of an eye and you will be on that teeter totter before you know it!
steph

Teresa said...

Wow, what a wonderful shower!! You have fantastic co-workers!!! Milo will be blessed not only by the two of you & your families, but also your many friends and co-workers. Hang on to that teeter totter - - you will soon be flying back to Kaz!!!
Teresa

Susan said...

I am not suprised in the least by the outpouring of support by your friends. You strike me as the type of people that would attract the "creme de la creme" of people, cuz, "ya'll are good eggs!"
I love the centerpieces and pics of your sweetie everywhere. What a wonderful tribute to your family...your friends really "get it". Milo is sooooooooooooooooo perfect for the Rudopoli's...it's just meant to be.
The process stinks-I don't understand why it has to be so long and difficult. But-when you get negative and mad, (and you are right...negatitivy is NO MATCH for the love you have for Milo) fight that feeling with the strength of love in knowing that SOON ENOUGH the seperation from Milo will be the dream. The reality will be Milo in your home, having a blast on the teeter totter and slide and being embraced by, not only the love of his parents, but by the love of so many other people too.

I hope it goes by very quickly and the pain gets less. I can't imagine-but I know you are strong and we will help you fight the madness with the strongest power of faith and love. :)

GodSpeed bringing Milo home!!!

:)

Kim said...

What wonderful friends you have! Looks like a great time. The time will pass quickly with great friends in your lives.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

What an amazing work family you have! Now, you and Frank be sure to stay off the teeter totter, will ya? Wait for Milo! The centerpieces are adorable- so thoughtful. Before you know it, Milo will be on the plane home for real!
Until then, stay strong and focused on Milo. As I just wrote you in a separate email- one day, in the not to distant future, all of this heartache, delay, and drama will really seem like a distant memory. Don't focus on leaving Milo, focus on enjoying your time with that spectacular little boy of your's!
PS- I love that you have his orange shoes. Really very funny and special all at once.

Kaz Blog Reader said...

I love the orange shoes!! My daughter had on orange pants and a white and orange striped sweatshirt when we met. I wish I thought to ask for it!! I really hate the color orange, but she looked so beautiful!!

Perfect timing for your shower. Your friends/coworkers really do "get it." Milo will be surrounded by so much love, soon!

You will both make it through all of these silly requirements. Having him in your heart and knowing that that love is growing is so special!!!

You have a LOT of people sending good vibes your way- God speed!!

Laurie (Isabel-Astana!)

Chris & Christy said...

Holy goodies Batman! What a great shower. Love the 'Toddler Shower' idea, very appropriate.

You couldn't have put it any better, it has been a 'senseless process of perpetual waiting' for you guys. I am sure that it is quite difficult not to let those negative feelings peak their ugly head out, I can only imagine.

One week and counting. :)
Christy

Patrick & Eileen said...

What a wonderful fantastic group of people you have in your lives (you have other groups of people who are special too). I love the idea of a toddler shower. What a fun day!!

You know how I feel about this ever changing adoption process! After reading Sara's message to you...I'm going to try to take her words to heart. I hope for both of us, that we when we have our little ones in our arms forever...the pain of getting there will fade.

Big hugs,
Eileen

Nell said...

What neat gifties! And soon, the best present of all!

We got notice that "our graphics artist will be out" and I bounced around for joy that it's not long until you get to see him again -- and I am completely on the "another day closer to becoming a forever family" bandwagon -- normlly I'd like summer to last as lonmg as possible, but I'm willing to give that up this year. Fly, Time, fly!!

Kaz Blog Reader said...

What a great group of people you work with. You received some wonderful toddler gifts. Milo wil have sooo much fun with them. I love the center piece!!!

Holly and Dean

Kaz Blog Reader said...

What a beautiful shower...very thoughtful! It sounds like you are all set, and now you just need what's (who's) most important--Milo! Everyone says that when this part of the process is over, the trials will just become a distant memory and only the love will remain. I am so excited that that time is coming soon for you. One day closer every day!

Lisa and Corey

Jennifer said...

I love those cheeks. He is such a HANDSOME little boy!

Your colleagues are such wonderful people. The party looked like so much fun, and it was good to see the orange shoes again. A walk down memory lane for us too!

marsrob said...

That is so incredibly wonderful that you were celebrated like that by your co-workers! It doesn't surprise me one bit that you two are so appreciated and beloved - however, it is still very, very special that they did all of that for you and Milo. And have I mentioned lately that Milo is the CUTEST little boy EVER????? Oh my GOD!!!

On another note, you really are enduring an agonizing process - coming and going 3 times! It seems so inhumane - but, I'll try not to focus on the negative - because August will be here in a moment and you are right - this will all fade and you'll have your sweet Milo with you forever very, very soon.

With love!

Amy said...

Whoa! What wonderful loot and it is obvious how much everyone loves you guys. I know I do! I am sure Frank has been playing with all the goodies. I know this trip will be a little bittersweet having to leave your 'lil man, but just live in the moment and try not to dwell on the negatives. Before you know it, you will all be together making Ruopoli memories and you won't even remember as this B.S! Keep telling yourselves that. Can't wait to see you Thursday at your birthday celebration. Love to you both and thanks for sharing this process so openly.

Sandi said...

What a fabulous shower, I love all the personal touches, so thoughtful.

I too agree that this process is becoming more and more daunting, but keep your eye on the prize, Milo will be coming home soon and all the plane rides and craziness will fade into a distant memory.

I continue to pray that court flies by and you are back for trip number 3 in no time.

sandi

Kaz Blog Reader said...

Frank and Regina, I will keep you both in my thoughts, wishing you a comfortable stay and many hugs and kisses from your favorite little boy. Soon it will be August, and Milo will be yours forever. He is the sweetest child.

Kitty Fahey