Friday, August 24, 2007

PAPER PREGNANT!

BOOM-chaka-laka-laka
BOOM-chaka-laka-laka
BOOM-chaka-laka-laka
BOOM!


I think we can say that we are now officially paper pregnant!!! We FedExed the completed dossier today! (Well... yesterday, since it's one minute after midnight.) I gave the sealed envelope a hearty good luck kiss before sending it off on its multi-stop journey. First it goes to our adoption coordinator, who will obtain the apostilles (state certifications) for us on all of the notarized documents. We purchased this service from our agency to ensure that it's done right, and I'm really glad we did because I'm a tad burned out on paperwork right now. Then it gets sent for translation into Russian, and then I'm a little fuzzy on the exact order of its journey to Kazakhstan, but I'll post that when I get it straight.

This was such an exciting step, but I hear that it's very common for dossier papers to be done incorrectly and require a do-over. Eeek! The rules are so rigid (i.e. if the notary's stamp has Jane E. Doe, and she signs it Jane Doe, without the E, then that's not acceptable. Also, the written dates must be spelled out, such as August instead of 8, etc.) But I am a very detail-oriented person, plus we sent proofs to our coordinator for pre-approval, so I'm hopeful that we will get the A+/gold star/good student award the first time around. Please keep your fingers crossed ... and your toes ... and your eyes ... whatever you can cross!

We thank you for all the lovely, kind words and comments on this blog, in person and in e-mails. They truly mean so much to us!

2 comments:

KMartin said...

We can't seem to cross our toes, but we wish you well. You are very close to us in the process. We just sent our dossier off and it is not in the 1-2 week translation period. Like you, we are a bit fuzzy on where it goes from there.

Best wishes!
Keith and Erin Martin

Karla said...

Awesome! Keep me posted, most definitely!
Regina, I'll see you tonight! Keep on, keeping on guys. You're on the right track!