Friday, November 9, 2007

Reunited

Good News!

On Wednesday, our agency received all our missing papers, which came back from being apostilled by the State of SC! So our Dossier documents are all finally reunited! (and it feels so good...)

The new documents are being translated and the whole Bundle of Joy will be sent to the Kaz Consulate by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week! I will definitely feel more at ease once we are off and running through the Kaz system. The other night I dreamed that we had to re-take all the photographs of our home for our Dossier because we needed to prove that our backyard was clear of any underbrush. Underbrush??? No clue where that came from! It probably won’t be the last adoption-related dream from which I will awaken in a mild panic.

Having this first anxiety dream was a sure sign of my growing eagerness. Corazon Aquino said, “Patience is the art of hoping.” Accordingly, I’ve been trying to approach all this waiting as an art form, and flow through it calmly and serenely. But it’s beginning to increase in difficulty with each passing milestone. Perhaps it’s because this child is becoming such an integral part of our daily conversation and planning. Or because this process is a bit tenuous by nature, and dependent upon so many things going perfectly right. I can hardly imagine what it will be like when we are waiting on our Letter of Invitation.

Which reminds me, congratulations to my blogger friends, Jen & Marshall, who recently received their Letter of Invitation, and are leaving on Tuesday to meet their baby girl! We wish you a wonderful journey and a joyous union with your daughter!


I was thinking that since we will print this blog as a memoir for our child, I'd start ending some of my posts with a short message to him/her. So here's the first:

Dear Habibi,
I know that life has handed you a tough first few months, and that things don't seem quite right. Just know that we are coming soon, and that everything is going to be alright. We already love you in the most amazing way, and we prepare for your arrival a little more every day. Sleep tight little bean blossom.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! Just one step closer to meeting your little one. I hope the holidays coming up with provide a pleasant distraction and make the time pass more quickly.

Matthew Ruley said...

That is really sweet. You guys are going to be great parents. Just make sure you take care of that underbrush! What exactly is underbrush anyway? Is it woodland growth under the trees in a forrest? Suz

marsrob said...

First of all, thank you SO much for the well-wishes. Regina, I wish I could HUG you right now!

And, CONGRATS on the whole dossier thing!!!! That is FANTASTIC news. Seriously, YAY!!!

And, you are with Andrea at LMI - which as far as we can tell, means you'd better start getting ready...they move things along so beautifully in this agency. It will only be a few months now. WOW.

And, yes, the wait gets more difficult each time you get through another hurdle - I think it is partly because you begin to really believe it is going to happen - and partly because you know it is so close....So, hang in there.

I LOVE the note to your baby. Tears streaming down my face.

Cannot wait for you two to get that LOI!!!!

Sandi said...

What a great update. and YAHOO for getting that dossier moving towards Kaz. Like Jen said things are going to move along quickly.

With regars to your dreams I can attest they start to come more frequently. I have had some really crazy ones lately. They seem to have come along during this last part of the process. Like our last trimester. The anxiety just grows.

sandi

Anonymous said...

That note to habibi, just the sweetest thing I've ever read. ;-)

Susan said...

Love the note, that is awesome. :) It's such a freeing feeling when all that paperwork is sent off to Kaz. Congrats!!! :)

I still can't believe you were once the couple that didn't think you'd ever have kiddo's? Now look at ya. :)

Jennifer said...

Yay! One step closer! I'm so glad to hear everything was found and A-ok. I had to laugh at the underbrush dream. I had a very similar dream in that I dreamed they asked us how many sofas we had. Since we have three in our home, I panicked as I didn't want them to think we had too many and deny our petition.

Too funny! Where does this stuff come from?!? :-)