Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tag...I'm it!

I’ve been “tagged” and now have to post 7 strange/weird facts about me, and then tag 7 other bloggers to do the same. I’m going to include Frank in this too, so I’ll actually post 14.

Here are the rules for those I’ve tagged: Post the rules on your blog. Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random bloggers, as well as your original tagger. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on his or her blog.

Our weird stuff:

1. Our first kiss was in Magnolia Cemetery.

2. I wrote our entire wedding ceremony and rhymed our vows -- a la Dr. Seuss. (Just the vows, not the whole ceremony.)

3. Frank went through a “Ghandi phase” before we met, and he purged nearly all his personal possessions.

4. We rarely go to the beach, even though it’s 15 minutes away. (We prefer the mountains!)

5. My cousin’s cousin is married to Barbara Mandrell’s cousin.

6. I suffered two broken vertebrae in a freak accident at age 18.

7. Frank once had a bad bicycle accident that required reconstructive surgery of his lip and nose.

8. My mom was going to name me either Eva or Ava, until she heard the name Regina on the radio.

9. Frank loves to build and fly remote control airplanes.

10. We rarely watch sports on TV. Maybe the Super Bowl and that’s it.

11. We love documentary films, and aspire to produce one some day.

12. I am addicted to hand lotion.

13. When Frank was little he wanted to be a pilot. When I was little I wanted to be an astronomer or an archaeologist. (Frank's degree is in graphic design. My degree is in Theatre.)

14. We can't sleep without very faint white noise -- usually a small fan.

15. (Bonus item) We both loved the Cure, Psychedelic Furs, New Order and the Smiths in the 80's, and we had the hair to prove it.

Ok, that's all the scoop. We can't share the really juicy stuff; this is a family blog!

11 comments:

John & Jenny Morgan said...

From one lotion addict to another:
Make sure you bring more than enough lotion with you to Kazakhstan. When mine ran out six weeks into our trip, I had a hard find finding more. Luckily, I eventually did, but the withdrawals were pretty rough for a few days.

Your husband will fit in nicely with his hat and stern expression, by the way.

Amy said...

I have been tagged!!

Really? You rhymed the whole ceremony? That is impressive. I would love to hear it!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Regina....you're freaking me out with some of the things mentioned on your list. When I went to college I thought I wanted to be an archaeologist....but decided that I'd rather travel to see places of interest. So I became a Flight Attendant. Also....I was a huge Psychedelic Furs fan (think I still have tapes somewhere?)& the Cure too.

Well I've been tagged a couple of times so I best come up with something to say about myself :)

We would think it was awesome to meet in Kaz. What is the latest you've heard from Andrea? E-mail me at hochstein2005@verizon.net

Eileen

Susan said...

YOU ARE SO FUNNY! i AM also addcited to hand lotion. I have found the best of the best. I love LUSH! It's all natural. I love the "Handy Gurugu". I have tried Kiehls, i have tried bliss, I have tried every body butter known to man. I still had dry hands. My son told me hands were looking like his Nana's. That is not good.
but, now with Handy Gurugu, my hands are so soft. and so is my skin.

wow, we are fellow rhymers. I did not know i could rhyme when we got married, or i may have done that too...but we did write our own vows. You're a trip. :)

Amy said...

Thanks for the "tag"...don't have many bloggers to send to, but was fun anyway!

Gretchen said...

Those are good ones. Wish you could share the erally good ones too! haha

Anonymous said...

Another Smith/Cure/Furs fan? I'm not sure I can be friends with you guys ;-) You and Angela must be BFF's. Meanwhile, I'm gonna go listen to a little more Poison..........
;-)
Shannon

Jennifer said...

I'm totally with you on the white noise. If I go someplace and there's no fan available, I have to go out and buy a cheapo one.

Jim has a 4 year degree in theater lighting design! He adores the theater! When we first met, he had to take me on a city-wide tour of all the trendy-funky theaters in the city. He now does videography, and his new dream is to be an indy film director (he actually started a business about a year ago). Maybe you guys ought to team up! :-)

I bet your guests loved your wedding. It sounds like so much fun.

Catalina said...

Very funny :) I wish you could share the really juicy stuff too, you made me curious :)).
This is so nice, you are the only one who included your husband in this game too and talk more about "we" than "I".
My husband does not contribute at all to our blog, this is why I actually had to take his name out. He really has to work hard now to prove me he deserves it :)

Karen said...

I listened to those same bands in the '80s while working as a graphic designer. And I was mugged in a cemetery once in New Orleans. (Doubly creepy.)

Dana said...

I love your name choices! Very different. I just came upon your blog and I see you are using LMI and Andrea is your coordinator. Mine too. I came home in July 07. When are you leaving for Kaz?

Dana