Monday, January 28, 2008

Shower Power

Frank's co-workers threw us our first baby shower last Thursday night!

It was a fantastic evening -- more like a fun dinner party that just happened to end with us opening baby presents. Frank works with the most wonderful people, and they have all been so supportive and excited for us throughout this process. (He is a graphic designer for a federal agency focused on the coastal environment.)


We had a great time, and received many thoughtful gifts including a Diaper Genie II, the Leap Frog Groove & Learn Musical Table, the matching mobile for our crib bedding, many awesome books, a wipes warmer, a manly diaper bag for Frank and more.


Having these new things in the nursery has really added a whole new dimension to it -- especially hearing the sweet little lullaby from the spinning mobile. (It plays Rock-a-Bye Baby, which is actually kind of sad when you think about it. Boughs breaking, babies falling...) We put everything together that same night, and played with the Learn and Groove for what must have been an hour, looking up at each other with a mix of utter disbelief and happy anticipation. This was definitely a step toward making it all seem even more real.


Thank you so much to everyone involved for your generosity! And a special thanks to Hanna and Donna for planning the shower, as well as to Hanna and David for hosting it in your beautiful home!



13 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like fun!

Let me tell you about that Leap Frog table. We have it and at weird hours of the night the toy will just start singing. Our house is either haunted or the toy is possessed! :)

Amy said...

Awww...you guys look so sweet and happy! Looks like a great library is starting for little Ruopoli! Giving the girls their bath, reading them a book and playing "Beethoven at Bedtime" before they went to sleep each night are some of my favorite memories with my girls. Looks like a great time and what wonderful friends to throw such a party in your honor!

Love,
Amy

kitzkazventure said...

I don't like the Rock-a-baby song (what Nick calls it) either so I changed the words....make up your own version but write it down...Nick knows if I sing it wrong so I have to try hard to sing it the right (new version) way and I have to tell others because he will correct them if they sing it the usual way! LOL!
He loves for me to hold him and sing it (even at almost 4) Great bonding time! Karen

Amy said...

Awesome!!!! So exciting for you both Regina and Frank. Looks like you made out like bandits!!! Now to just get over to Kaz and get that baby so everything can be used...by the baby...you guys have obviously tested it all out by now! : )

Angela said...

So cute. It looks like you received some great stuff. We loved our LeapFrog table, by the way . . . and Seuss is essential (sometimes I think more for our entertainment than the boy's). Looks like lots of fun! What nice friends.

Susan said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog for details. :)

Susan said...

Regina, you are so BEAUTIFUL! You should really be a model. You are just stunning!

Great haul you got there! Baby Kaz has some of those very same books. :) I LOVE books, and we have all SEan's plus I have purchased about 50 more. That is my gift at baby showers..I start the babies library. When I was pregnant with my son, a teacher friend did that for me. IT was my favorite gift. :)

That leap frog table is cool! I don't have one of those.
I told my pals I didn't want a shower until we bring the babe home, since I don't know how old she'll be yet. It's hard because I keep buying things. Mostly books though, but i need to stop.

Glad you had fun..pretty lady! :)

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hi Regina & Frank,
It looks like you had a wonderful time. How nice that you have people to share in your joy!! Pat & I bought the Leap Frog Groove & Learn Musical Table just before Christmas. Yeah....we have the same one!

I gave Pat what I call a "Daddy Diaper Bag." It's manly enough for him to use! I put in all sorts of neat things in it!

We are not going to have a shower. Everyone lives so far away. We did set up a baby registry & plan to mention it to our friends/family on our blog once it goes private.

Here's hoping that we know a region soon!

Glad your shared your shower photos!

Anonymous said...

What a nice event, and your friends just "look nice" ;-) I'm glad you had a fabulous time!!
Shannon

Catalina said...

Great pictures, so much fun :). I tagged you as well. I hope is OK to be tagged more than once.

Jennifer said...

How sweet! It looked like it was so much fun. Love the picture of Frank wearing the bib! Too funny!

Isn't it just such a great feeling when you put the stuff together, and then just stand back and look at it? I remember we put together the high chair and the musical swing in the same night. After that, I couldn't stop myself from walking in her room all the time just to gaze upon it all and smile and feel a burst of giddy anticipation.

P.S. I didn't tag you 'cause everyone else beat me to it, but I did reference you as someone I WOULD have tagged. :-)

Kelly and Sne said...

THat looked like it was a lot of fun! How great that there are so many people who care about you and are willing to help you celebrate the arrival of your little one!

Sam said...

uh does that bib say pooper? cute frank cute