Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Treading Water

Well folks, we are still treading water.

Due to a strange twist of events in the world of DSS, the site visit to our home study agency didn't happen today. So we don't have that pesky little letter yet.

Drat!

But our social worker, Teresa, assures us wholeheartedly that she will work her magic and make it happen. (This week I think.)

Teresa is one of the two women we are working with closely throughout this process. (She did our home study.) The other one is our adoption coordinator, Andrea. They have been wonderful, and work hard to help make dreams possible for so many families.

Sometimes I don't know how Andrea does it. She is often the bearer of bad or frustrating news, most of it being things that are out of her control. She rides several families' rollercoasters right along with them, and although it's incredibly rewarding, it must also be emotionally taxing. When she first called me to convey this snag I think I felt more sorry for her than us!

So cheers to you Andrea and to Teresa!
Thank you both for trying your best to make this speed bump as small as
possible, and for all you do to help build happy families!



6 comments:

marsrob said...

I agree with you that Andrea is really incredible - and today, she wasn't just delivering that news to you, but she was getting an email from me about how much we want that LOI - the one we haven't received yet. Makes me wonder how many other families she worked with today - it is such an emotionally charged process. It takes a pretty unusual/amazing person to do her job. Anyways, on another note, sorry about the frustrating snags you are facing...eventually this will resolve itself, but, for now, I know it is pretty uncomfortable and frustrating.
- Jennifer

Angela said...

It is important to recognize everyone involved and working for all of us in this process - from the doctor who saw me about 4 times in the last month to the traveling notary that came to her office to sign off on medicals to the adoption coordinators here and in Kazakhstan. Are they our paperwork midwives? I have been trying to work that out in my head. Anyway, still hoping that you get that license very soon!

Kelly and Sne said...

Just wanted to say HI as I enjoyed your blog and will mark it as a favorite. We are also with LMI and seem to be about 1.5 months behind you in the process (we hope to submit the dossier next week). Our blog is http://climbingcradlemtn.blogspot.com FYI.

Good luck with the bottleneck! It's amazing how these things just seem to work themselves out somehow!

Kelly

P.S. We bought a crib too the other day and are amazed at how 'real' it all seems now! And I love how you decorated the room.

Anonymous said...

We are also not too far behind you...Just waiting on that pesky I-171H! Once that shows up we will hit the ground running with the dossier. Andrea is the greatest!!

C&L Johnson

Amy said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that you get back on track soon!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hi,
Andrea is our coordinator too. She's been wonderful! She pointed us to a link that had many Kaz blogs on it. That is how we found you.

Love the baby's room that you're setting up! We'll be posting photos of our room soon too.

I hope that you have good news since your last posting!! I'll keep an eye for updates.

Eileen
www.kazbabymakesthree.blogspot.com