Thursday, March 13, 2008

Aha!

I have an idea.

(Couldn’t resist the Aha picture. Children of the 80’s, can I hear you say ‘Take on me?’)

Ok, back to the idea.

After quickly realizing that 100 invites are not nearly enough, I brainstormed work-arounds for granting more people access when we go stealth.

So here’s the dealio: I created a dummy e-mail address on gmail, and a dummy Blogger account using that e-mail address. I will invite that “imaginary person” to our blog. Then I will send the login and password for that account to a handful of the "over 100" people. These folks can share the account to view the blog and still make comments.

As a test, Frank and I logged into a blog with the dummy account from 3 computers at the same time. There wasn't a problem, so I think it will work! (Plus my genius IT guru friend, Adrian, thinks it will be fine.) We will start off with a few users, and add more if it seems to work well. If it starts going haywire with multiple users, we will have to re-examine.



I must say that all the e-mails and comments we received from people wanting to continue following along have been so kind and thoughtful. And it’s nice to finally “meet” some of you lurkers out there. ;-)

The support we have enjoyed from everyone has been overwhelming. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Your well-wishes, prayers, good energy, positive vibes, voodoo spells or whatever else you are doing out there really keeps us jazzed. We feel it all…we really do. And we are going to need it even more in the coming weeks!

Blogging has been so fun (and a lot of work) but we so enjoy sharing our journey with others. It actually reminds me of a quote…



“Joy shared is multiplied, pain shared is divided.”
- Spider Robinson


We do look forward to being able to open this blog back up to the public when we return.

By the way, we got to see the Kieffers again this week (the 'real live Kaz family' from North Carolina!) What awesome people they are. Rhys really took to Frank, and they were so cute playing together for a long time. LeAnne said Rhys is usually a little wary of men with facial hair, but he wasn’t with the Frankster. So sweet!

I forgot to take photos, but I did add some photos of Rhys to the Kaz Cuties post, along with another famous little one who lights up the page. Are all these kids breathtaking or what?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Habibi,

Yes, I realize that I haven’t written you a little note lately. I’ve been in such an information-sharing mode and get-it-done mode. Wow, are you ever keeping me on my toes. Guess I'd better get used to it!

Oh yes, I still feel all those mushy, gushy sentiments about you. I still think about you every day. Every hour. Every few minutes. It’s almost as if you are already here, tugging at my hem. But let go now, honey, 'cause mommy has to go post this blog entry.

21 comments:

Patrick & Eileen said...

When I opened up your blog - I saw the blast from my past. I wasn't a child of the 80's...just early 20's and used to love Aha :) I loved your use for their photo. What a great "Aha" moment! Glad you found something that will work! Of course that's because we want to be included. hee hee

Ah, to be popular, it's not something our blog faces but I have to admit you guys are awesome :)

Eileen

Jodi said...

OK - ready for this ... while we were in Kokshetau last year there were several Aha videos running on Russian MTV! New videos - yes, they are still together and recording (and all look like they've had a little work done if you know what I mean)!

I thought of that dummy account idea too to outwit Blogger . Hope it works and that I can keep reading!!

Jodi

Kristan and Mark said...

I can't remember if I asked you for an invite. Sorry if I'm repeating myself.

Anyway, I'm a long time lurker and a Kaz mommie and would love to continue to follow your journey.

kristans@cox.net.

Thanks,
Kristan

Kim said...

Great idea! Happy that worked out.

Angela said...

Ah, the 80s. What WERE we thinking? I love the shot of the one guy's butt.

You work hard for your readers! Good solution! We look forward to following the rest of your journey.

Susan said...

Great idea on the blog thing. I just think the people who have my invites now are lucky...anyone new is out of luck. :)

sweet note to the Habibi-love it.

Kelly and Sne said...

I LOVE Aha! Takes me back to my college days... Ooo, am I dating myself?

Sounds like you've worked it out! So, does that mean we get an invite?

Hang in there, Habibi, mommy and daddy are comin'!

Matthew Ruley said...

Brilliant! Simply brilliant you are! I hope you like me enough to get some way to read your blog!

You are a true cutie. A brilliant cutie at that.

Habibi, You are much wanted and waited for. You are waited for by hundreds of people from all around the world who all want to see you and hear stories of you. You have awesome parents who are both very popular and liked.

wilisons said...

Ok, since you came up with a creative way around your 100, I'd love to join in!

I am Shanna, adoptive mom to Tamar, almost 5 from palvodar, and Libby 17 months today from Semey.

I used LMI for my last adoption and now love to follow along as others head out on their journies.

best of luck,
Shanna
wilisons@joimail.com

Thad and Ann said...

oh, you are way smarter then me, great plan! :)

Laura said...

Hi! I have been quietly following your blog and would love to be included to follow along on your journey. My son is adopted from Petropavlovsk, Kaz. He came home in May 2006 and is truly the love of our lives. I love reading your blog and am always smiling because your writing is so great. My email address is: lauradeskin@hotmail.com

McMary said...

I have been following your blog as I am also waiting to travel to Kaz. I didn't put my name in for an invite because I figured you had 100 people closer to you than me. Howevr..it sounds like you have been creative in increasing the limit. I would love to follow your story and get an invite if you can fit me in.
mcnab.mary@mayo.edu
Thanks

makandaddie said...

I would love to read along on your journey! If you would like to read about our experience back in 2005, please send me your e-mail address and I will send you the link!

Lisa Masse
lisa04027@yahoo.com

Diana said...

Great Idea on the dummy e-mail.

I just sent you an invite to our blog. Journey to Alex

We would love to follow your journey. My e-mail is chirodoc@frontiernet.net

Matthew Ruley said...

http://www.a-ha.com/
their website

Trudi said...

Brilliant idea - and such a relief for those of us who are part of the blog family/friend world!

Jennifer said...

Oh good!! I'm glad to hear you may have found a work around. I actually spent time wondering what other options you might have. The one that I thought of was to set up another blog with a similar address (i.e. ruopoliadoption2) and then keep both blogs updated simultaneously. Write one, then copy and paste into the other. The only downside is that would double your online time in Kaz.

I hope your idea works- much more creative and simpler for you guys!

Sam said...

how close are you to myrtle beach???
i think i am heading there on 4.11

Kaz Blog Reader said...

It worked! So far so good. Thanks for the invite.

Karla said...

Aha...as in "Take on Me" - how appropriate! :)
Love it!
Thanks for the invite! I feel so special. Thanks for yesterday at the house, too. The kids love the bunnies. Enjoy your trip home. See you went you get back, Regina. Frank, if you need anything, holla!
K

Chris & Christy said...

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do on your blog; thanks so much for the invite. :)

I love your idea of writing your little one notes along the way, that will be such a special treat for him/her to read later in life. Sorry don't know if you are requesting a girl/boy. :)

BTW - You too are super attractive, love the photo at the top of your blog!!!!

Christy