Saturday, December 6, 2008

Santa Baby

And so it begins!

Off to the mall we went for the Great American Santa Claus Photo. It was a success! Don'tcha just love a good sweater vest?

Milo thought Santa was swell, but he was apprehensive at first about sitting on his lap. Once mom showed him how to do it he was game. It took only minor prompting to get that dazzling smile.


Video: Mr. Chatty


Milo is getting very verbal, and as you can see he loves calling out to our Chihuahuas, Paco ("Caco") and Delilah ("Lalila".) He also loves gadgets, especially cameras, as you can hear by his whining for mine in this video. We gave him one of our cheap ones as a toy; it is his favorite thing at the moment. I just love the way he says "yes" at the end of this!



This is what daddy and Milo were working on in the video.


Here are a few more random photos from the last few weeks:

Having tea with the queen?
Nope, just looking spiffy on Thanksgiving!



Now that's what I call a guitar hero.


The Dynamic Duo of Love


Milo loves to "cook." He gets the pots and pans
himself and asks for peanuts or raisins to
stir up in the pot! He also likes to care for his teddy bear.
He puts diapers on him, puts him on the potty, feeds,
hugs and kisses him and lays him down
in the bed to go night-night. It's the sweetest thing.


Cheeks, lashes and lips galore


A rare, pensive moment watching the birds


With Aunt Rosie on Thanksgiving



Riding his Radio Flyer Retro Rocket
with cousin Gabrielle



Watching the movie "Where the Garbage Goes"
with his buddy, Nigel. They are fascinated with it.
Check it out at http://www.littlehardhats.com/

He is mimicking the motions of taking a picture.


With our early intervention therapist, Shea, whom we love!



This 'bad' photo would have been deleted, but
something about it reminds me of Chuck Barris
from The Gong Show. Remember how Chuck would
always pull his hat over his eyes?
Come to think of it, Milo acts a lot like Chuck!

(That's his cousin, Kirsten, in the background.)



Thanks for stopping by. We wish everyone a joyful and magical holiday season!


16 comments:

Susan said...

oh my gosh, what adorable adorable pics and I love the video of him calling the dog. :) What a sweetie pie!!!!

Oh man, i miss the days of the boy sweater vests. Sean had a "cow" when I wanted him to wear red collared shirt and khaki's for our Christmas card pictures (first ones I'm attempting to do since 1998)

I love the picture of him with his hat going to tea. I also love his "retro rocket". :)

Heck, there is nothing about him (and his parents) that I don't find adorable and sweet.

So sweet how he smiled for Santa too. Maybe he can talk to his Kaz cousin Leeza about that-since she had the look on her face like, WHO THE HECK IS THIS DUDE AND WHY AM I HERE.

tomorrow is a Christmas party with Santa-maybe she'll smile tomorrow...but I'm not gonna hold my breath. :)

Great update. :)

Kim said...

I love all the photos! Noah was NOT a fan of Santa for 2 years! Finally he gotten over his fear of large characters.

I love the sweater vest but I am seriously over putting my boys in them. I wish there was something else that made them look "nice." :-)

Kim

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Milo and Santa. I'll bet the picture of Regina showing him how to sit on Santa's lap would have made an equally good one. :)

One reason I love your blog, aside from hearing about the amazing Milo, is that, as a bonus, I also get to sometimes see my granddaughters in the pitures. That's great.

Happy holidays to your family. Happy

McMary said...

Great Santa picture--Milo is a cutie.

Nell said...

Oh, I love these pictures -- the Thanksgiving one cracks me up!! What a joy to watch him grow from the huge plan of "we're going to adopt" to a real little person who sits on Santa's lap and cooks raisins and peanuts!

4texans said...

Thanks for sharing all the photos and the video. He is so adorable and he has come such a long way!

Kelly and Sne said...

I love the photo update! Glad that there were no tears with Santa. We're going to try that this weekend. Great video of the art project and calling the dog. What a cutie pie!

Jennifer said...

What a cutie! Don't you just love it how they say the same thing over and over again believing it will appear in front of them more quickly?

I see you have quite the chef. Very impressive! Peanuts and raisins are quite the specialty.

The hat on Thanksgiving day is perfect for him! So very cute.

Thanks for the Milo fix! And happy holidays to you guys also!

marsrob said...

I love how Milo plays! And he is just shining - what a precious little person!

Unknown said...

We love you guys to pieces. Thanks for keeping the blog going. We can't get enough of the family. Thanks for coming to the concert last night. Look forward to the next get-together! xoxox
KK

Trudi said...

What a gorgeous one your baby boy is! Thank you for the video - it brought him "alive" as still pictures cannot. I agree with the others who say thanks for keeping up the blog! LOVE watching your son grow and the family synch. It's the BEST!

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

I absolutely love your blog. Milo is so very very cute!! The sweater vest is the bomb! but the pic of him offering a flower peace offering is really great! Thanks for updating. I should be caught up by now but... Have a great holiday season! Gena, Jaimie and Berik

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Those are great pictures! I love the one of Milo watching the birds. Wow!

Aaron and Julie said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures - the one with him looking at the birds melts my heart. I don't know if we are going to do Santa this year - Ben took one look at him in the mall and proclaimed 'scary'.

Ok - we have a JR Hornets shirt from the 90s, too. I have no idea where it came from, though. I think my aunt in PA sent it.

Alysa said...

Oh, Milo just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I loved the "yes" on the video too! We've been sick at our house (just another virus), so haven't made it to see Santa yet. So glad Milo enjoyed his visit with the jolly ol' elf!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hi Guys,
I'm finally checking in with my blogging friends blogs! Wow....Milo is growing! He's so cute.

Wow...those Christmas cards are a hoot. How fun to make and I'm sure everyone who gets one can't wait to see what they'll get next year. I love your sense of humor.

I've been ill (still am) and my in-laws finally left - yeah!! So it's just Audrey and me....with China and Oreo. Pat is okay. We all miss each other of course.

Just stopping by to say hello. Looking forward to seeing more Milo updates. It's amazing being a mom isn't it?

XOXO
Eileen